Leicester Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
Welcome to the home page of the LDG. Our aims are to:
- promote ringing of church bells for religious services
- advance the art of change-ringing with frequent meetings of members of the Guild
- extend the appreciation of change-ringing among the general public
- ensure that church bells are maintained in proper condition
- provide instructors in the art of change ringing
- teach good striking - the ability to ring one bell after the previous one
- provide funding for maintaining and improving bells through the Bell Restoration Fund.
The work of the Guild covers the whole of the Leicester Diocese of the Church of England. The Leicester Diocesan Guild was formed in 1946 from part of the Midland Counties Association. It currently has more than 700 members spread across six regions or districts as they are known:
- Market Harborough
- Melton Mowbray
Members are also welcome to join us on Facebook!
Sept 2015 Newsletter
The September 2015 edition of the LDG Newsletter is available for your reading pleasure just here.
June 2015 Newsletter
The June 2015 Newsletter is here!
Pop of the Past
If you went to the Guild Dinner in February and took home a copy of the Pop of the Past Quiz that Alison produced as a BRF Fund Raiser, you can now get a copy of the answers here.
70 Copies where sold and only one of the entries was 100% correct!
Congratulations to the winner, and thank you to Alison for producing the quiz!
LDG Dinner 2015 - Photos!
Thanks to all those who turned out to the Leicestershire County Cricket Club last night for the 2015 Annual Dinner ... Photos can be found in the facebook group here!
Thank you to Chris for speaking, and congratulations to Gemma on ringing your first peal on the same day!