Leicester Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
Welcome to the home page of the LDG. Our aims are to:
- promote ringing of church bells for religious services
- advance the art of change-ringing with frequent meetings of members of the Guild
- extend the appreciation of change-ringing among the general public
- ensure that church bells are maintained in proper condition
- provide instructors in the art of change ringing
- teach good striking - the ability to ring one bell after the previous one
- provide funding for maintaining and improving bells through the Bell Restoration Fund.
The work of the Guild covers the whole of the Leicester Diocese of the Church of England. The Leicester Diocesan Guild was formed in 1946 from part of the Midland Counties Association. It currently has more than 700 members spread across six regions or districts as they are known:
- Market Harborough
- Melton Mowbray
Members are also welcome to join us on Facebook!
Guild Striking Competition - April 25th
The Guild Half yearly meeting and Striking Competition is being held at Church Langton on the 25th April.
More details, and a poster for your tower can be found here. The event is in 2015 not as stated on the poster.
The April 2015 edition of the newsletter is now available here.
The newsletter contains news from around the districts as well as reports from notable events, such as the Guild Dinner, and Progressing Ringers.
LDG Dinner 2015 - Photos!
Thanks to all those who turned out to the Leicestershire County Cricket Club last night for the 2015 Annual Dinner ... Photos can be found in the facebook group here!
Thank you to Chris for speaking, and congratulations to Gemma on ringing your first peal on the same day!
LDG Ringing Course 2015 - Application Forms
Application forms for the 2015 Guild Ring Course are now available to download from this link.
Applications will be dealt with on a first come first served basis so do not delay in apply today!
Priority will be given to those living in the Guild area until March 31 after that date applications will be accepted from all.
See you in September!