Leicester Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
Welcome to the home page of the LDG. Our aims are to:
- promote ringing of church bells for religious services
- advance the art of change-ringing with frequent meetings of members of the Guild
- extend the appreciation of change-ringing among the general public
- ensure that church bells are maintained in proper condition
- provide instructors in the art of change ringing
- teach good striking - the ability to ring one bell after the previous one
- provide funding for maintaining and improving bells through the Bell Restoration Fund.
The work of the Guild covers the whole of the Leicester Diocese of the Church of England. The Leicester Diocesan Guild was formed in 1946 from part of the Midland Counties Association. It currently has more than 700 members spread across six regions or districts as they are known:
- Market Harborough
- Melton Mowbray
Members are also welcome to join us on Facebook!
Guild Ringing Course - Itinerary
The Guild Ringing Course is fast approaching - For details of the Itinerary, Click Here!
Guild Ringing Course - Helpers needed
The search is on for helpers at the Ring Course on 4 to 6 September.
We have four towers sessions planned throughout the weekend and need roughly 45 helpers for each session - in addition to the tutors!
If you can help, even if it is for one session, your presence will be much appreciated!
Details and registration forms are available here.
Pop of the Past
If you went to the Guild Dinner in February and took home a copy of the Pop of the Past Quiz that Alison produced as a BRF Fund Raiser, you can now get a copy of the answers here.
70 Copies where sold and only one of the entries was 100% correct!
Congratulations to the winner, and thank you to Alison for producing the quiz!
Guild Social - 4th July
The Guild Summer Social will be held on 4th July in the Loughborough District..