Leicester Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
Welcome to the home page of the LDG. Our aims are to:
- promote ringing of church bells for religious services
- advance the art of change-ringing with frequent meetings of members of the Guild
- extend the appreciation of change-ringing among the general public
- ensure that church bells are maintained in proper condition
- provide instructors in the art of change ringing
- teach good striking - the ability to ring one bell after the previous one
- provide funding for maintaining and improving bells through the Bell Restoration Fund.
The work of the Guild covers the whole of the Leicester Diocese of the Church of England. The Leicester Diocesan Guild was formed in 1946 from part of the Midland Counties Association. It currently has more than 700 members spread across six regions or districts as they are known:
- Market Harborough
- Melton Mowbray
Members are also welcome to join us on Facebook!
Guild Dinner 2015
The Annual Guild Dinner for 2015 will be held at the Leicestershire County Cricket Club on the 28th Feb 2015.
Details of the Menu and how to book tickets are available here.
LDG newsletter - Dec 2014
The latest edition of the Guild newsletter is now available here.
In it you will find a round up of recent events, an excellent article on place notation and details of the latest Rising Ringers and Education Committee meetings.