Leicester Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
Welcome to the home page of the LDG. Our charity 1050533 aims are to:
- promote ringing for Divine Service and to secure the recognition of the ringers' office as an important part of Church work
- advance the art of scientific change-ringing and at the same time insist upon "good striking": frequent meetings of members of the Guild to be arranged in various centres in order to assist towards this end, and also bring the members into close relationship with one other
- extend the appreciation of change-ringing among the general public, with a view to implanting a more intelligent comprehension of the itellectual side of the ringers' art
- ensure that church bells are maintained in proper condition; the bell-loft to be kept clean and in good order; the fittings and framework to recieve all the needfull attention; the ringers' room to be properly appointed, to be kept clean and in good order
- provide instructors in the science of change ringing, at a reasonable cost, for those who require them
- provide funding for maintaining and improving bells through the Bell Restoration Fund.
The work of the Guild covers the whole of the Leicester Diocese of the Church of England. The Leicester Diocesan Guild was formed in 1946 from part of the Midland Counties Association. It currently has more than 700 members spread across six regions or districts as they are known:
- Market Harborough
- Melton Mowbray
Members are also welcome to join us on Facebook!
Dec 2015 Newsletter
The December 2015 edition of the newsletter is now available here!
Members Area and Guild AGM
We have recently created a new area of the Guild Website for us to host content that should be available to the Membership, but not to the public in general.
With the AGM coming up, we'd like to try and distribute as many of the reports and other pieces of information for the AGM ahead of time, by providing them online for members to review prior to the meeting.
If you don't have an account already, then you will need to create an account - look for the "Create an account" Link on the bottom left side near the Log in button.
Once you have an account, then details for the AGM can be found here:
Thanks - and we'll see you all at Syston on the 31st.
Sept 2015 Newsletter
The September 2015 edition of the LDG Newsletter is available for your reading pleasure just here.
June 2015 Newsletter
The June 2015 Newsletter is here!