Leicester Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
Welcome to the home page of the LDG. Our charity 1050533 aims are to:
- promote ringing for Divine Service and to secure the recognition of the ringers' office as an important part of Church work
- advance the art of scientific change-ringing and at the same time insist upon "good striking": frequent meetings of members of the Guild to be arranged in various centres in order to assist towards this end, and also bring the members into close relationship with one other
- extend the appreciation of change-ringing among the general public, with a view to implanting a more intelligent comprehension of the itellectual side of the ringers' art
- ensure that church bells are maintained in proper condition; the bell-loft to be kept clean and in good order; the fittings and framework to recieve all the needfull attention; the ringers' room to be properly appointed, to be kept clean and in good order
- provide instructors in the science of change ringing, at a reasonable cost, for those who require them
- provide funding for maintaining and improving bells through the Bell Restoration Fund.
The work of the Guild covers the whole of the Leicester Diocese of the Church of England. The Leicester Diocesan Guild was formed in 1946 from part of the Midland Counties Association. It currently has more than 700 members spread across six regions or districts as they are known:
- Market Harborough
- Melton Mowbray
Members are also welcome to join us on Facebook!
The June 2016 edition of the Guild Newsletter is now available to read online.
Ringing Course 2016 - W/E 9th September
Please come and join in. More details are available here.
Update 13th July 2016:
Hi All, we have had a good uptake on entries for the 2016 ringing course, we are now closing the entries for the course to allow time to get the tutors, venues & helpers sorted out.
There are a few specific course places left if you are interested and have not yet applied, these are :
Plain Hunt (1 place left)
Suprise Minor (3 places left)
If you would like to take one of these places please let me know asap (first come first served !)
Regards, Peter Brown, Student Administrator.
Latest Guild Newsletter - March 2016
The March 2016 edition of the Guild Newsletter is now available for download!
2016 Guild 8 bell Striking Competition Results
1st 30 faults Market Harborough
2nd 49 faults Leicester
3rd 78 faults Melton Mowbray
4th 83 faults Hinckley
Congratulations to the Market Harborough Team!