Leicester Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
Welcome to the home page of the LDG. Our aims are to:
- promote ringing of church bells for religious services
- advance the art of change-ringing with frequent meetings of members of the Guild
- extend the appreciation of change-ringing among the general public
- ensure that church bells are maintained in proper condition
- provide instructors in the art of change ringing
- teach good striking - the ability to ring one bell after the previous one
- provide funding for maintaining and improving bells through the Bell Restoration Fund.
The work of the Guild covers the whole of the Leicester Diocese of the Church of England. The Leicester Diocesan Guild was formed in 1946 from part of the Midland Counties Association. It currently has more than 700 members spread across six regions or districts as they are known:
- Market Harborough
- Melton Mowbray
Members are also welcome to join us on Facebook!
LDG Ringing Course 12 - 14 September
There are still some places available on the Ringing Course in September in particular in the plain hunt, doubles/minor and surprise major groups.
So if you are still undecided - go on - take the plunge - applications are being accepted up to the end of April.
We still need lots of helpers to ensure the success of the Ringing Course, so if you can spare some time over the weekend of 12 - 14 September get a helper application form here
BRF Prize Draw - 2014
Guild Newsletter - March 2014
The latest Guild newsletter is now available here!