Leicester Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
Welcome to the home page of the LDG. Our aims are to:
- promote ringing of church bells for religious services
- advance the art of change-ringing with frequent meetings of members of the Guild
- extend the appreciation of change-ringing among the general public
- ensure that church bells are maintained in proper condition
- provide instructors in the art of change ringing
- teach good striking - the ability to ring one bell after the previous one
- provide funding for maintaining and improving bells through the Bell Restoration Fund.
The work of the Guild covers the whole of the Leicester Diocese of the Church of England. The Leicester Diocesan Guild was formed in 1946 from part of the Midland Counties Association. It currently has more than 700 members spread across six regions or districts as they are known:
- Market Harborough
- Melton Mowbray
Members are also welcome to join us on Facebook!
Guild Ringing Course
The fun is over for 2014 - but keep your eyes pealed for information about the Guild Ringing Course 2015!
LDG Calendar 2015
Following the success of last year's Market Harborough District calendar, Andrew Young has produced a similar calendar for the Guild. These are professionally produced, 13 (w); 30 (h) cm (so-called A4 slim), using photographs Andrew has taken - Click Here to see a preview.
Andrew is selling these at £10 each, with all profits going to the BRF - the more calendars we sell, the greater the profit per calendar: last year we raised about £30 for the BRF. If you would like one (or more) they can ordered by contacting Andrew or via your district secretary before 1st December - contact details are on the attached preview. Andrew will be placing the order on 2nd December, to ensure delivery before Christmas.
LDG newsletter - Sept 2014
The latest edition of the LDG Newsletter for September 2014 is available.
In this addition you will find a round up of events from the Guild Ringing Course, details of the work to get Ab Kettleby ringing again, news from around the districts and much more.
BRF Prize Draw 2014 Outcome
The Prize Draw made a profit of £1618.
This will be donated towards a worthy bell restoration project.
Thanks to all who bought tickets.
Congratulations to all who won prizes - a full list of the winning numbers has been published here!